Prep Time7 Minutes. Makes 1 10-Ounce Sandwich.
- Hawaiian Sandwich Bun (Item Number: 633831), 1 Each
- Pan Coat Spray (Item Number: 405170), Spray to Coat
- Markon RSS Cilantro (Item Number: 219550), 1 Tbsp, For Garnish
- Recipe: Sloppy Lo Batch, 5 Ounces
- Canola/Olive Oil Blend (Item Number: 743879), 3 Ounces
- Sweet Vidalia Onion (Item Number: 558133), 15 Ounces, Diced
- Markon Red Peppers (Item Number: 560715), 8 Ounces, Diced
- Markon Green Peppers (Item Number: 198757), 8 Ounces, Diced
- Fresh Garlic, Peeled (Item Number: 428353), 3 Ounces, Minced
- 3 Ounces, Minced Fresh Ginger (Item Number: 552321)
- Halperns' Ground Pork (Item Number: 218771), 5 Lbs
- Kosher Salt (Item Number: 153550), 3/4 Ounce
- Gordon Choice Tomato Paste (Item Number: 100196), 6 Ounces
- Trade East Smoked Paprika (Item Number: 860430), 2 Tsp
- Trade East Crushed Red Pepper (Item Number: 513768), 2 Tsp
- Gordon Choice Apple Cider Vinegar (Item Number: 430795), 8 Ounces
- Fish Sauce (Item Number: 772653), 2 Ounces
- Soy Sauce (Item Number: 271802), 3 Ounces
- Brown Sugar (Item Number: 860311), 7 Ounces
- Tap Water, 30 Ounces
- Ketchup, 30 Ounces
- Yellow Mustard, 8 Ounces
- Gordon Signature Hoisin Sauce (Item Number: 465392), 8 Ounces
- Sriracha Sauce (Item Number: 386462), 3 Ounces
- In a large rondeau over low to medium heat add the oil blend, the onions, red peppers, green peppers, garlic and ginger and sweat down. Add salt as desired here to help the process along. Additionally, cover the rondeau and keep on low heat stirring every 5 minutes or so until the mixture becomes nicely stewed down.
- Next add the ground sausage with the salt and allow it to render and brown, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon or a high heat spatula ensuring nothing sticks to the pan or burns. Break up the ground pork with a wooden spoon or a metal potato masher so that the pork is broken up into small granules and is uniform in size.
- Pour off the excessive fat & reserve for further recipes or discard.
- Add the tomato paste, smoked paprika and crushed red pepper flakes to the rondeau and allow it to caramelize into the meat.
- Next stir in the vinegar, fish sauce, soy, brown sugar, water, ketchup, mustard, hoisin and sriracha until fully combined and allow the sloppy lo mixture to reduce down on low heat to the right viscosity. Continue to stir as needed throughout.
- To cool pour the sloppy lo mixture into two hotel pans and allow to completely cool under refrigeration.
- Store in desired containers for further recipe needs.
- Recipe: Roasted Garlic Aioli, 1 Ounce
- Gordon Choice Mayonnaise (Item Number: 467596), 32 Ounces
- Roasted Garlic (Item Number: 136026), 4 Ounces
- Lemon Juice (Item Number: 887320), 2 Ounces
- Kosher Salt (Item Number: 153550), 1 Pinch
- Trade East Black Pepper (Item Number: 242179), 1 Pinch
- Place mayo, roasted garlic and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper as desired.
- Transfer to a covered storage container and refrigerate until needed, up to 7 days.
- Recipe: Filipino Style Pickled Vegetables, 1 Ounce
- Jumbo Carrots (Item Number: 592293), 3 Ounces, Julienned
- Daikon Radish (Item Number: 255606), 3 Ounces, Julienned
- Markon Red Peppers (Item Number: 560715), 2 Ounces, Julienned
- Spanish Onion (Item Number: 570109), 2 Ounces, Sliced
- Jalapeno Pepper (Item Number: 303186), 2 Ounces, Sliced
- Fresh Ginger (Item Number: 552321), 1 Ounce, Julienned
- Tap Water, 24 Ounces
- Gordon Choice Apple Cider Vinegar (Item Number: 430795), 12 Ounces
- Gordon Choice Granulated Sugar (Item Number: 425311), 1.5 Ounces
- Kosher Salt (Item Number: 424307), 3/4 Ounce
- Julienne the daikon radish with a mandoline, followed by the carrots and reserve in a stainless steel bowl.
- Julienne the red peppers with a chef's knife, followed by the ginger and add to the stainless steel bowl.
- Slice the onions on the madoniline 1/16" followed by the jalapenos and add to the bowl.
- Remove the stem end of the jalapeno and mandoline them to 1/16" and reserve.
- In a separate mixing bowl or in a cambro container, mix together the water, vinegar, sugar & salt together until the salt and sugar have completely dissolved.
- Add the vegetables to a container that will just fit the contents of this recipe to ensure they will be submerged in the brine.
- Pour the brine over the vegetables and allow them to pickle under refrigeration for at least 24 hours prior to use.
Recipe: Sloppy Lo Batch
Recipe: Roasted Garlic Aioli
Recipe: Filipino Style Pickled Vegetables
- Preheat broiler or salamander to high heat.
- Use the pan spray to coat the inside (cut side) of the bun & toast under the broiler or salamander for 15 seconds or until toasted and golden brown.
- Remove and reserve for the plate up.
- In a non stick pan add the 5 ounce portion of the sloppy lo mix over medium heat and stir with a non stick spatula until it has reached a slight simmer or at minimum 165 degrees F. Add 1/2 ounce of water during the reheat process if the mixture seems too thick.
- To plate, spread 1/2 ounce of the aioli on each toasted part of the Hawaiian bun.
- Next, spoon down the sloppy lo mixture to the bottom bun portion, followed by the pickled vegetables and the cilantro.
- Close the sandwich with the top bun and serve immediately.