Smoked Whitefish Toast
YieldMakes 24 8-oz. servings.
- 24 ct. Heartland Grain Bread, thawed
- 1½ c. Primo Gusto Mediterranean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 9 lb. Recipe: Whitefish Spread
- 8 lb. Smoked Whitefish
- 10 oz. Markon Jumbo Celery, diced
- 4 oz. Markon Jumbo Red Onion, diced
- 1 c. Bistro Sauce
- ¾ c. GFS Extra Heavy Duty Mayonnaise
- ¾ c. Sour Cream
- 1½ Tbsp. Markon Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1½ Tbsp. Makron Fresh Dill, chopped
- ¾ oz. Trade East Citrus Grill Seasoning
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 1½ lb. Recipe: Pickled Matchstick Carrots, drained
- 2 lb. Jumbo Carrots, trimmed and julienned on a mandoline
- 1 qt. Water
- 2 c. Rice Wine Vinegar
- ¼ c. GFS Granulated Cane Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ Tbsp. Trade East White Ground Pepper
- 12 oz. Radishes, sliced on a mandoline
- 24 ct. Gordon Choice™ Grade A Large Shell Eggs, hard-boiled
- ½ c. Markon Chives, sliced thinly
Recipe: Whitefish Spread
1. Remove the skin and debone 8 lb. of whole whitefish to yield 5 lb. trimmed. Break the fish into 1" chunks. Place in a chilled stainless steel mixing bowl.
2. Add the celery, onions, bistro sauce, mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, dill and citrus grill seasoning to the whitefish. Season with salt and pepper. Mix together using a rubber spatula. Don’t overmix.
3. Place in a covered storage container. Label, date and refrigerate until needed.
Recipe: Pickled Matchstick Carrots, drained
1. Place the matchstick carrots in a nonreactive storage container.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk to dissolve the sugar and salt. Pour the pickling brine over the carrots.
3. Cover the storage container. Store at room temperature for 3-4 hours. Drain before use.
1. Brush both sides of 1 slice of bread with a 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Place on a heated flat griddle and cook on both sides until golden-brown. Spread 6 oz. of whitefish on top of 1 side of grilled bread. Place on a warmed serving plate with the whitefish facing up.
2. Spread 1 oz. of carrots on top of the fish. Slice the egg on an egg slicer. Fan it out on top of the carrots. Place ½ oz. of radishes on top of the egg. Sprinkle 1 tsp. of chives over the top of the radish and egg.