Southern Fry Thigh Sandwich
YieldMakes 24 14-oz. servings.
- 2 qt. Batter Mix
- 1 qt. Water
- 48 ct. Boneless Skin-On Chicken Thigh Fillet
- 24 ct. Gordon Choice Stout Beer Hamburger Buns
- 18 oz. Recipe: Tuscan Mayonnaise
- 1 lb. Gordon Choice Heavy Duty Mayonnaise
- 1 lb. Gordon Choice Sour Cream
- 3 Tbsp. Trade East Tuscan Rub
- 1 tsp. Trade East Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp. Trade East Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp. Trade East Ground White Pepper
- 3 lb. Smoked Carving Ham, sliced thin
- 2¼ lb. Whole Kosher Dill Pickles, sliced thin
- 48 oz. Recipe: Pimiento Cheese
- 2 lb. Roasted Red Peppers
- 4 lb. Gordon Choice Cream Cheese
- 2 lb. Gordon Choice Fine Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 oz. Trade East Tuscan Rub
- 4 Tbsp. Horseradish
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Trade East Ground Black Pepper
Recipe: Tuscan Mayonnaise
1. Place all ingredients in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk together thoroughly. Transfer to a covered storage container and refrigerate until needed.
Recipe: Pimiento Cheese
1. Pat the roasted red peppers dry with a paper towel. Place in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Coarsely pulse chop the peppers to a granular consistency. Do not puree.
2. Transfer to an electric stainless steel mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Tuscan rub, Worcestershire and horseradish to the mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly on medium speed. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a covered storage container and refrigerate until needed.
1. Place the chicken on a parchment lined sheet pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in a heated 325°F convection oven. Cook until just cooked through. Allow to cool uncovered. Place in a storage container and refrigerate until needed.
2. Prepare as needed for service. Place 1 qt. of dry batter mix and 1 qt. of water in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth. Cover until needed. Place 1 qt. of batter mix in a stainless steel half pan. Cover until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 2 chicken thighs in the dry batter mix. Coat evenly on both sides. Shake off any excess mix. Dip the thighs in the prepared batter. Allow excess batter to drain. Place the thighs back in the dry mix and coat evenly. Shake off any excess mix.
2. Deep fry the chicken thighs in a heated 350°F deep fryer. Cook until golden brown and just warmed through. Allow to drain. Warm 2 oz. of ham on a flat griddle or grill.
3. Toast the inside halves of the bun on a heated char grill. Spread with ¾ oz. of mayonnaise on the top and bottom half of the bun. Place 1 ½ oz. of pickles on the mayonnaise. Place the thighs and pickles on top of the pickles. Spread 2 oz. of pimiento cheese on the inside of the top half of the bun. Place the bun on the sandwich.