Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad
YieldMakes 24 8-oz. portions.
- 2½ lb. GFS Whole Wheat Rotini Pasta
- 3 lb. GFS Garbanzo Beans, drained; reserve liquid
- 3 c. Markon Cauliflower Crumbles
- 2½ c. (Recipe) Nut-Free Spinach Basil Pesto
- 4 lb. Markon Baby Spinach, trimmed
- 1 lb. Markon Fresh Basil, trimmed
- 2 c. Primo Gusto Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic
- 1 c. Primo Gusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ lb. Markon Matchstick Carrots
- ¾ lb. Red Peppers, small dice
- 3 lb. Markon Shredded Lettuce
- 12 oz. GFS Fine Shred Mexican Cheese Blend
(Recipe) Nut-Free Spinach Basil Pesto
1. Place spinach and basil in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse-chop until smooth, or to desired consistency. Place in a stainless-steel mixing bowl.
2. Add Parmesan cheese, garlic and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly using a rubber spatula to form a uniform paste.
3. Transfer to a covered storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for future service.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
2. Place pasta in a large stainless-steel mixing bowl. Add garbanzo beans, cauliflower, spinach basil pesto, carrots, red pepper and 1½ c. reserved garbanzo bean liquid. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Transfer to a covered storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for future service.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 2 oz. of lettuce on a chilled serving plate. Cover with 8 oz. of spinach-pesto pasta salad. Top with ½ oz. of shredded cheese on top of the salad.