Thai Steak and Citrus Salad
- 4 oz. Trade East Cajun Seasoning
- 24 ct. Davis Creek Meats USDA Choice Hanger Steak, 6 oz.
- 3¾ lb. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Grapefruit Sections, drained
- 3¾ lb. Seedless Cucumbers, ¼" diced
- 3 lb. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Pineapple Chunks, drained
- ½ c. Markon Cilantro
- 192 ct. Markon Mint Leaves, sliced into ¼" pieces
- 1½ pt. Asian Chili Dressing
- 1 ½ lb. GFS Jumbo Roasted Cashews, chopped
- 10 oz. Trade East Hulled Sesame Seeds, toasted
- 10 oz. Trade East Black Sesame Seeds, toasted
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. Season the steak with 1 tsp. of the Cajun seasoning. Place on a heated char-grill or broiler, and cook on both sides to desired doneness. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 145°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds. Slice the steak into 1¼" pieces. Pat the fruit dry with paper towel. Place 2½ oz. of grapefruit, 2½ oz. of cucumbers, 2 oz. of pineapple, 8 to 10 sprigs of cilantro, and 6 to 8 mint leaves in a stainless-steel mixing bowl and toss lightly with a rubber spatula. Place the salad mixture in the center of a chilled serving plate. Add the steak pieces and ladle 1 flz. of the Asian chili dressing over the salad. Top with ½ oz. of cashews and 2½ tsp. each of hulled and black sesame seeds. Serve immediately.