Tilapia with Lemony Arugula Pesto
YieldMakes 24 8-oz. portions.
- 2 Tbsp. GFS Pan Coating Spray
- 6 lb. Boneless, Skinless Tilapia Fillets
- 12 oz. Recipe: Lemony Arugula Pesto
- 2 lb. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Spinach
- 2 lb. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Lemony Arugula
- 5 c. GFS Canola Oil
- 2 c. Primo Gusto Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ c. Worchestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Crushed Garlic
- ¼ c. GFS Canola Oil
- 3 lb. Green Beans, blanched in salted water
- 1½ lb. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Matchstick Carrots
- 1½ lb. Red Peppers, trimmed and sliced
- 4½ lb. Recipe: Brown Rice Pilaf
- 2 Tbsp. Primo Gusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Trade East Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp. Trade East Granulated Garlic
- 6 c. GFS Brown Rice
Recipe: Lemony Arugula Pesto
1. Place the spinach and arugula in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse-chop until smooth or to desired consistency. Place in a stainless steel mixing bowl.
2. Add the canola oil, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce and garlic to the spinach mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly using a rubber spatula to form a uniform paste.
3. Transfer to a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
Recipe: Brown Rice Pilaf
1. Place 4¼ qt. water in a nonstick sauce pot. Bring to a boil.
2. Add all ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover. Simmer 30-40 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently, until all liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
3. Remove from heat. Rest 5-9 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Spray a metal baking pan with cooking spray. Place the tilapia on the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread 1 Tbsp. of lemony arugula pesto on top of the tilapia. Place in a 350°F convection oven. Bake up to 10 minutes or until just cooked though.
2. Place ½ tsp. of canola oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Add 2 oz. of blanched green beans and 1 oz. each of carrots and red peppers. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sauté over medium heat up to 2 minutes until just warmed through.
3. Place 3 oz. of warmed brown rice on the front portion of a heated serving plate. Place the tilapia on top of the rice. Place the warmed vegetables at the top of the plate next to the tilapia.
Nutritional Info (per 8 oz. serving)
Fat: 12 g.
Sodium: 150 mg.
Carbohydrates: 27 g.
Protein: 27 g.