Tuna Mango Poke Bowl
- 4 oz. Red Tuna Steak, thawed
- 1 Tbsp (Recipe) Lime Soy Sauce
- 1 qt. Soy Sauce
- 1 c. Rice Wine
- 8 oz. Lime Juice
- 2 oz. Mango, small dice
- 2 oz. (Recipe) Pickled Red Onion Threads, drained
- 1 qt. Water
- 2 c. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 c. GFS Granulated Cane Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 lb. Jumbo Red Onion, peeled and sliced into thin threads
- 2 oz. Shelled Edamame
- 4 oz. Jasmine Rice, prepared per package instructions
- 1 Tbsp. Macadamia Nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Fried Shallots*
- 1/2 tsp. Markon Fresh Chives, thinly sliced
(Recipe) Lime Soy Sauce
1. Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive storage container. Whisk together until well blended.
2. Transfer to a covered storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for future service. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F or below.
(Recipe) Pickled Red Onion Threads, drained
1. Place onions in a nonreactive storage container.
2. Combine the water, vinegar, sugar and salt in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
3. Pour the brine over the top of the onions.
4. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for at least 12 hours. Drain as needed before use. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F or below.
*Available through the retail market.
1. Pat the tuna dry with paper toweling. Dice into 1/4” pieces. Place in a chilled stainless-steel mixing bowl. Add the soy sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix together using a rubber spatula. Add the mango, pickled red onion and edamame to the tuna. Mix until blended.
2. Place the jasmine rice in a chilled serving bowl. Spoon the tuna mixture on top of the rice. Sprinkle the macadamia nuts and fried shallots over the top of the tuna. Sprinkle the chives over the top of the macadamia nuts and shallots.