Tuna Noodle Bake
YieldMakes 16 20-oz. portions.
- 1 1/2 lb. GFS Extra-Wide Egg Noodles
- 1 1/2 gal. GFS Cream Soup Base
- 4 Tbsp. Trade East No-Salt Herb Seasoning
- 4 5/8 lb. GFS Chunk White Albacore Tuna, drained
- 2 1/2 lb. Flame-Roasted Corn and Black Beans, thawed
- 1 lb. Markon Diced Celery
- 2 lb. Markon Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 lb. GFS Green Peas, thawed
- 1 qt. (Recipe) Parmesan-Lemon Breadcrumbs
- 2 lb. GFS Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 lb. Primo Gusto Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 c. GFS Canola Oil
- 2 ct. Lemon, zested (yield 2 Tbsp, finely chopped)
- 1/2 oz. Trade East Parsley Flakes
(Recipe) Parmesan-Lemon Breadcrumbs
Combine all ingredients in stainless-steel mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for future service. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well.
1. Bring a large pot of seasoned, salted water to a full, rolling boil. Gradually add pasta to the boiling water. Stir and return to a full boil. Cook to desired tenderness, stirring frequently. Drain immediately. Rinse in cold water and drain well. Add a small amount of oil to prevent sticking. Mix well. Place in a storage container, cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
2. Bring 5 qt. of water to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Gradually add the cream soup base into the water and whisk until smooth. Add garlic-herb seasoning. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Place the egg noodles, tuna, flame-roasted corn and black beans, celery, mushrooms and peas in a large stainless-steel mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix together carefully to avoid breaking the egg noodles.
4. Divide mixture between two 2” hotel pans. Pour 2 1/2 qt. of cream soup over the top of the noodles in each pan. Mix together using a rubber spatula. If necessary, adjust the consistency with water. Evenly sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top of the noodle mixture. Place in a heated 300°F convection oven. Bake 60 minutes, or until just warmed through and the breadcrumbs are golden-brown. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 135°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
5. Spread containers out on parchment-lined sheet pans. Scoop 20-oz. portions into the containers, keeping the breadcrumbs on top. Cover loosely with film wrap. Immediately place the tray on a rack and refrigerate. Let cool completely. CCP: Product must be cooled from 135°F to 70°F within 2 hours, and from 70°F to 41°F or less within 4 additional hours. Remove the film wrap and sprinkle 1 tsp. of parsley over each portion of stew before covering again and refrigerating. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below. Store in a single layer.
Microwave: Remove lid. Cook on regular cycle 8-10 minutes, or until warmed through.
Oven: Remove lid. Place container on a metal sheet pan. Bake in in a heated 300°F oven for 30 minutes, or until warmed through. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 165°F within 2 hours.