- 6 oz. Russian Fingerling Potatoes
- 6 lb. Red Tuna Steak, 4 oz., thawed
- 24 oz. Poke Sauce
- 2 c. Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 c. GFS Thai Spicy Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp. Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. Markon Fresh Peeled Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1 1/4 tsp. Trade East Ground White Pepper
- 1 1/2 c. Markon Green Onions, sliced thinly on the bias
- 1 1/4 c. GFS Peanut Oil
- 6 oz. Markon Baby Wild Arugula
- 1 1/2 c. GFS Granulated Roasted Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Hulled Sesame Seeds, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Black Sesame Seeds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. Trade East Crushed Red Pepper
- 6 ct. Limes, quartered
Wash hands. 1] Place the soy sauce, Thai sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and white pepper in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Whisk until blended. 2] Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well. 1] Thinly slice 6 oz. of fingerling potatoes lengthwise on a mandoline. Place in a 350ºF deep-fryer for 1–2 minutes, or until golden-brown. Place on paper toweling and allow to drain. Place in a storage container until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1] Place ice in a large stainless-steel mixing bowl. Place another smaller stainless-steel bowl in the larger bowl on top of the ice. 2] Take a 4-oz. piece of tuna and pat it dry with paper toweling. Dice into ¼" pieces. Place in the chilled stainless-steel bowl sitting in the ice. Add 1 Tbsp. each of poke sauce and green onions and ½ tsp. of peanut oil to the tuna. Mix together with a rubber spatula. 3] Spread ¼ oz. of arugula out on a chilled serving plate. Place the poke on top of the arugula. Place ¼ oz. of fried fingerling potatoes in the poke lengthwise. Sprinkle 1 tsp. of granulated peanuts and ¼ tsp. each of white and black sesame seeds and 1⁄8 tsp. of crushed red pepper on top of the poke. Place a lime wedge on the plate next to the poke.