Turkey Ham and Swiss Croissant Waffle
YieldMakes 1 sandwich.
- 1 ct. Whole Grain Croissant
- 2 oz. Turkey Ham Uncured
- 1 ct. Gordon Choice Swiss Cheese, sliced
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium high.
- Build the croissant filling by shingling the turkey ham evenly across the bottom layer of the croissant, making sure to prevent meat overhang.
- Cut the slice of Swiss cheese into 4 equal squares and shingle the cheese evenly on top of the meat.
- Place the top of the croissant on the cheese to make a sandwich.
- Place the croissant sandwich in the waffle iron and, before closing it, gently press down on the sandwich to compact it. This creates a better presentation.
- Close the waffle iron and cook the croissant for 1-2 minutes until the press has created the signature waffle design and the cheese has completely melted inside.
- Remove from the press carefully with a spatula or tongs and plate as desired, whole or cut in halves. Serve immediately.
Meal Pattern Equivalents: 2¼ oz. meat/meat alternate, 2 oz. grain
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Fat: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 777 mg
Carbohydrates: 33 g
Protein: 18 g