Ultimate Breakfast Muffin
YieldMakes 10 muffins.
- 4 ct. Low Salt Laid-Out Bacon
- 1 box Corn Muffin Mix, 40 oz.
- 1⅓ c. Whole Milk
- 4 ct. Large Grade A Eggs
- ½ c. Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Green Onion
- ¼ c. Red Peppers, diced
- 10 ct. Recipe: 6-Minute Egg
- 2½ qt. Water
- 10 ct. Large Grade A Eggs
Recipe: 6-Minute Egg
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Carefully lower eggs into the water using a slotted spoon and cook for 6 minutes, maintaining a gentle boil.
3. Transfer to an ice bath and chill until eggs are just slightly warm, about 2 minutes. This stops the eggs from cooking further and makes them easier to peel.
4. Gently crack eggs all over and peel, starting from the fattest end containing the air pocket. Use immediately, or refrigerate for future use.
1. Place bacon on parchment-lined sheet pans.
2. Heat in oven at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until crisp. Turn once. After cooking, let the bacon cool and then dice.
3. In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the muffin mix to the bowl and mix on low.
4. Simultaneously, whisk together the milk and eggs in stainless steel bowl until smooth.
5. With the mixer on low, slowly pour in the milk and egg mixture until the batter is just incorporated. Don’t overmix.
6. Remove the mixing bowl from the stand.
7. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the cheddar, scallions, diced bacon and red pepper until evenly dispersed.
8. Place 8 oz. tulip liners inside a baking muffin tray. Place the muffin tray on a half sheet tray.
9. Using a 3 oz. scoop, place one scoop of batter in the bottom of each tulip cup.
10. Gently place the 6-minute eggs upright on top of the muffin batter base.
11. Scoop an additional 3 oz. of the muffin mixture and encase the egg equally around all sids.
12. Bake at 350°F in a convection for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean from the batter surrounding the egg cavity.
13. Remove the muffins from the pan and allow to cool. They are best served warm or at room temperature. If not immediately served, wrap each muffin individually in film wrap, retaining the tulip paper. Reheat per order for 15 seconds in a Turbo Chef for best results.
Note: A hard-cooked egg can be substituted for the 6-minute egg.
Nutrition Info (per serving)
Fat: 23 g.
Saturated Fat: 8 g.
Trans Fat: 0 g.
Sodium: 845 mg.
Carbohydrates: 63 g.
Protein: 19 g.