USDA Prime-Tomahawk with Cajun Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 1 ct. Prime Tomahawk (or Cowboy) Steak, 32 oz.
- to taste Salt
- to taste Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 8 oz. Brussels Sprouts, cut in half
- 4 slices Bacon, small dice
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Cajun Spice
- 1 ct. Lemon Wedge
1. Season the beef with salt and pepper and grill on both sides, creating a nice even char.
2. Place the Tomahawk on a hot pan and brush with butter. Finish in the oven at 350°F, cooking to desired doneness. For medium-rare, pull the steak out at 125°F and let rest for 5-10 minutes. The temperature will continue to rise, bringing the meat to 135 degrees. Brush with more butter.
3. Sauté the Brussels sprouts, bacon and garlic in olive oil. When the bacon starts to brown and the Brussels sprouts become tender, add the Cajun spice. To finish, squeeze the juice from the lemon wedge over the Brussels sprouts and add salt and pepper.
4. Place on a plate with the Tomahawk steak for serving.