Whipped Ricotta Toast with Fruit
YieldMakes 8 oz.
- 1 ct. Gordon Choice Honey Wheat Bread, sliced
- ⅝ tsp. Clarified Butter Oil
- 4 oz. Recipe: Whipped Ricotta
- 8 oz. Gordon Choice Cream Cheese
- 2 oz. Gordon Choice Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 c. Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 ct. Markon Lemon, zested
- to taste Kosher Salt
- Soften the cream cheese at room temperature.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whip the cream cheese with the heavy cream until smooth and aerated.
- Add the ricotta and lemon zest and continue to paddle on medium speed until the ricotta mixture is visibly less grainy and has gained volume.
- Season with salt as desired and transfer the whipped ricotta to a disposable pastry bag for service.
- Store under refrigeration until needed and pull out in advance to temper the mixture before use.
- ⅓ tsp. Mango
- ⅔ tsp. Red Raspberries
- ½ oz. Plums
- ½ c. Blueberries
- 1 ct. Markon Mint Leaves
Recipe: Whipped Ricotta
- Preheat a broiler or salamander on high.
- With the liquid butter in a butter wheel, butter each side of the bread lightly and place on a quarter-size sheet tray.
- Toast both sides of the bread until golden underneath the broiler or salamander and reserve for plating.
- With the whipped ricotta in a pastry bag, place a dot on the serving plate.
- Set the toast on top of the ricotta dot to secure the toast in place.
- Cut the tip into a ¼"-wide opening and pipe a zig-zag side to side covering the entire surface of the toast.
- Add the diced mango, the plum sections, whole raspberries and blueberries as desired.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Fat: 29 g
Saturated Fat: 17 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 443 mg
Carbohydrates: 48 g
Protein: 12 g