Halperns’ Angus Beef
Angus cattle are genetically predisposed to produce tender, flavorful, well-marbled meat. But not all Angus cattle are the same. And not all Angus beef is as deliciously perfect as Halperns’ Angus Beef.
Halperns’ Angus Beef cattle are raised by a carefully chosen selection of family ranchers who share our passion for premium-quality beef. They understand and implement the steps required to achieve the 10 specifications we insist on.
10 reasons to choose Halperns’ Angus Beef
1. Modest or higher marbling - Only the upper two-thirds of USDA Choice beef meet this standard and just a small percentage of all the Angus Beef produced in the U.S. qualifies.
2. Medium or fine marbling texture - Flecks of fat, evenly dispersed inside the muscle are referred to as marbling, which adds flavor, tenderness and juiciness.
3. “A” maturity - Only animals 30 months and under qualify for this standard, which helps ensure exceptional tenderness.
4. Ribeye area of 10-16 sq. inch - Disqualifying animals that fall outside this size range adds additional consistency.
5. 1,050-lb. maximum carcass weight restriction - Compact loin size provides the ability to cut a thicker steak.
6. Less than 1 inch fat thickness - Improves your yields.
7. Lean color, texture, firmness & overall skeletal characteristics - Prevents the inclusion of dairy cattle influence into Angus breeding.
8. No hump exceeding 2 inch - Prevents the inclusion of Brahman cattle influence.
9. No dark cutters - Extreme heat, drought or cold can stress cattle and raise PH levels that produces meat with a deeper, darker purple color. These are excluded from Halperns’ Angus Beef.
10. Practically free of capillary rupture - Lower grades of beef may display dark, bloody spots that indicate capillary rupture – Halperns’ Angus Beef never does.
A cut above the rest
Just 3 in 10 Angus cattle meet our 10 strict program specifications. We handpick these elite cattle for our program, and then we hand select each cut from them to make sure they meet or exceed our quality promise. The Halperns’ Angus Beef cattle are processed on a dedicated shift each week, delivering unparalleled consistency.
Single-source quality control
We are able to attain and maintain an exceptional level of quality control and, most importantly, consistency, because we source all of our Angus beef from a single plant—in Greeley, Colorado, the birthplace of modern-day cattle feeding. For nearly a century, family farms have taken advantage of Greeley’s clean mountain water, cool nights and abundant corn production to raise healthy, wholesome cattle. That legacy continues today with the Angus ranchers who supply Halperns’. Serve a perfect 10 every time.
Partner Spotlight - Gabel Cattle Company
Gabel Cattle Company is a family-owned operation located in Northeastern Colorado that has grown into a multi-generation business encompassing all facets of the cattle production industry. The cattle spend their time on the ranch grazing the lush and plentiful grass that Colorado has to offer which, in turn, provides consumers with highly marbled, premium and juicy beef. The beautiful grass, arid climate and cool summer nights make Colorado an oasis for cattle production.
“The lifestyle we are blessed to lead is one of the most joyous aspects of our business,” says Case Gabel, owner and rancher at Gabel Cattle Company. “Having multiple generations involved in the family owned business provides the opportunity to work together, fight together and love together while simultaneously creating a sustainable business model which we hope endures time and challenges.”
The Gabel Cattle Company proves that the best Angus beef starts with a passion and understanding for what it takes to produce it.
Search “Halperns’ Angus Beef”on Gordon Food Service online catalog for a full product offering.