Rainbow Fresh Rolls
YieldMakes 3 2-oz. rolls.
- 3 ct. Rice Paper, round
- 6 ct. Fresh Mint Leaves
- ⅛ oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Cilantro
- 1⅛ tsp. Markon Chives, chopped
- 1 oz. Seedless Cucumber
- 1 oz. Organic Rainbow Carrots
- 1⅓ Tbsp. Markon Red Peppers
- ½ oz. Yellow Peppers
- 1½ oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Romaine Lettuce Ribbons
- ½ oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1½ oz. Alaskan Pollock Noodles
- 2 oz. Recipe: Thai Sunflower Butter Sauce
- ½ oz. GFS Canola/Extra Virgin Olive Oil Blend
- 2 oz. Spanish Onion, minced
- 1 oz. Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1 oz. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Peeled Garlic
- 4 ct. Limes, zested and juiced
- 27 oz. Coconut Milk
- 8 oz. Soy Sauce
- 4 oz. Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3 oz. Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tsp. Gordon Signature Chicken Base
- 4 oz. GFS Granulated Sugar
- 1 lb. Creamy Sunflower Butter Spread
- 2 oz. Gordon Choice Heavy Whipping Cream
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
Recipe: Thai Sunflower Butter Sauce
1. In a sauce pot, heat the oil and sweat the onion and ginger for minutes.
2. Add the garlic and lime zest and continue to sweat.
3. Add the lime juice and reduce by half.
4. Add the coconut milk and reduce to about 2 cups.
5. Add the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sriracha, chicken stock (base and water) and sugar. Whisk to incorporate.
6. Add the sunflower butter and heavy cream.
7. Whisk until smooth and bring to a simmer.
8. Remove the sauce from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
1. Add warm water to a half hotel pan and reserve.
2. Lay a 12" x 12" piece of film wrap on a clean work station.
3. One at a time, add the rice paper spring roll wrappers to the water to hydrate (10-15 seconds).
4. Remove the rice paper and lay flat on the film wrap.
5. Place all the ingredients except the sauce inside the wrapper.
6. Fold over the bottom and the sides and roll upward to make a roll shape.
7. Serve with Thai sunflower butter sauce.
Note: Some of the ingredients listed in this recipe may not be available in your area. Please contact your Gordon Food Service Sales Representative for more information.