1. Place 2 c. of water and 6 Tbsp. of cocoa in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth. Place 6 c. of tapioca flour in a separate stainless-steel mixing bowl. Pour the cocoa water over the flour. Add the salt. Mix the water into the flour. Scrape any excess flour from the sides of the bowl. Rub the mixture between the palms of your hands until blended into granules, which need to be just wet enough to melt together when sifted into the heated pan, yet dry enough so it will not stick to the wire mesh of the strainer.
2. Place a 10" mesh strainer over a clean stainless-steel mixing bowl. In manageable batches, scoop the flour into the strainer. Going in a circular motion push the flour through the strainer. Repeat until all of the flour has been sifted through the strainer. Place a small handful of the flour in the palm of your hand and squeeze it together. It should stick together in a clump. If it doesn't, spray a small amount of water from a spray bottle over the top of the flour. Mix and sift again. If it is too wet add a small amount of tapioca flour. Mix and sift again, if necessary.
1. Place a 10" nonstick sauté pan over medium low heat. Scoop 3/4 c. of the tapioca flour mixture into a 6" medium mesh strainer. Keep flour loose when filling the cup. Sift the flour evenly over the bottom of the pan. Use a pastry brush to spread the mixture out around the edges so the tapioca will be uniform in thickness. When the granules hit the pan they quickly coalesce, and with a small amount of shaping, form a pancake. Cook 1 minute or until the pancake slides around easily in the pan. Flip the pancake over. Cook another minute, then flip one more time. Remove from the pan with the smooth side down.
2. Follow the recipe preparation instructions when assembling the fillings.
1. Place the ricotta, sugar and vanilla in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Whisk together until blended.
2. Transfer to a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
1. Prepare the tapioca per recipe instructions for the Chocolate Tapioca Mix.
2. With the smooth-side side down, evenly spread 3 oz. of sweet ricotta spread on top of the tapioca pancake.
3. Spread 2 oz. of sliced strawberries on top of the ricotta spread. Sprinkle 1 oz. each of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries on top of the strawberries.
4. Fold the top of the tapioca over the top of the berries. Place on a warmed serving plate. Leave the half-moon edge of the berries exposed. Sprinkle the cocoa powder over the top of the tapioca, to taste.