1. Place whole eggplants on open-range burners. Char on all sides; do not overcook. Place in an uncovered hotel pan to cool.
2. Remove eggplant skin with a paring knife. Rough-chop the eggplant into 1/8” pieces. Place in a stainless-steel mixing bowl.
3. Add the oil to a heated sauté pan. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent. Let cool. Add onions, garlic, and lemon juice to the eggplant. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
4. Transfer to a storage container. Cover, label, date, and refrigerate for future service. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
Combine the water, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix until sugar and salt are dissolved. Add the carrots to a nonreactive storage container. Pour the pickling brine over the carrots. Cover the container, label, date, and refrigerate for 24 hours or up to 4 days. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
1. Combine all ingredients in a stainless-steel mixing bowl and blend thoroughly.
2. Cover, label, date, and refrigerate for future service. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
1. Trim the cauliflower into large florets. Cut into 1/4”-thick slices. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date, and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
2. Place the rolls on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Leave enough space between the rolls to allow uniform browning. Place in a preheated 350°F oven for 6-10 minutes, or until golden-brown. Let cool before slicing lengthwise.
1. Spray both inside halves of each roll with pan spray. Place on a heated flat griddle, oiled-side down. Cook until golden-brown.
2. Add 1 oz. of oil to a heated nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. As soon as the oil begins to smoke, place 4 oz. of cauliflower florets in the pan in a single layer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sauté on one side until browned and caramelized.
3. Place cauliflower on the inside of the bottom half of the roll. Spread 2 oz. of the Lemon-Eggplant spread over the cauliflower, then top with 1 oz. of cabbage and 1/2 oz. each of carrots and radishes.
4. Drizzle 1/2 oz. of Sriracha-Dijon mayonnaise over the radishes. Place the top on the sandwich. Serve on a warmed serving plate.