1. Heat the milk and butter over low heat. Slowly add equal parts of the cheese and cornmeal until the mix has a creamy consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Let chill.
1. Sear the osso buco in a pan coated with olive oil and transfer to a hotel pan and set aside.
2. Make the barbacoa sauce by combining the apple cider vinegar, garlic, cloves, chicken broth, lime juice, oregano, cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper.
3. Pour the barbacoa sauce over the osso buco, and then cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 4 hours and then chill. Transfer the remaining liquid to a blender and purée.
1. Heat the polenta, using a small amount of water or chicken stock to return it to a creamy consistency.
2. Place the polenta in the center of the plate.
3. Heat the osso buco in the oven in a sauté pan with the remaining sauce until it is hot throughout.
4. Place the osso buco on the polenta and top with the remaining sauce.
Learn more about Halperns'.