1. Place the bay leaves and octopus in a pot of salted boiling water. Reduce to a simmer. Place a weight on top of the octopus so it stays submerged. Cook 1-2 hours. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the octopus.
2. Remove the octopus and place in a colander to drain. Slice into ¼" thick pieces. Place in a covered storage container, label, date, and refrigerate for future service.
3. Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a storage container and add a small amount of olive oil. Mix thoroughly. Cover the container, label, date, and refrigerate for future service.
1. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil to a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Add 1½ oz. tomato halves. Toss for 10 seconds until slightly browned and charred. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place on paper towel to cool.
2. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil to a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Place 4 oz. octopus in the pan. Toss over high heat until warmed through.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 oz. olives, 1 Tbsp. green onions, 6 oz. marinara, tomatoes, and 8 oz. pappardelle. Cook until warmed through. Add a small amount of water to adjust the consistency, if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the pasta mixture on a warmed serving plate. Sprinkle with ½ tsp. parsley and ½ oz. Parmesan cheese.