1. In batches, add all of the ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Transfer to a covered storage containers. Cover, label, date, and refrigerate for future service.
1. Bring water to a boil in a sauce pot. Add chicken base and carrots; simmer until the carrots are tender.
2. Strain carrots from the stock. Reserve stock. Purée the carrots in food processor until smooth. Return carrots to the stock.
3. Heat the olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic until the onions are tender. Add the farro, bay leaves and warmed carrot stock.
4. Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring frequently. Cook until the farro is tender and the liquid is absorbed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover, label, date, and refrigerate for future service.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Place 1 Tbsp. of canola oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Place the salmon in the pan skinned-side up. Cook on both sides until golden-brown. Place salmon skinned-side down on a heated serving plate. Brush with 1 tsp. of fresh herb oil.
2. Drizzle 1 tsp. Of canola oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Add 1 oz. of mushrooms and cook over high heat. Add 2 oz. of spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until spinach begins to wilt.
3. Spoon 4 oz. of warmed carrot farro in the center of a heated serving plate. Place the salmon on top of the farro. Place the spinach and mushrooms next to the salmon. Place a lemon wedge next to the spinach. Season 1 oz. of fennel with salt and pepper; spread slices across the top of the salmon.