1. Place the jackfruit in a fine mesh strainer. Allow to drain. Place the jackfruit in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Break down large chunks so it resembles pulled pork before cooking.
2. Place 2 oz. of grape seed oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan large enough to hold the contents of the drained bag of jackfruit. As soon as the oil begins to smoke add the jackfruit to the pan. Toss the pan frequently over medium-high heat until the jackfruit is seared and caramelized. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 165°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
3. Place the seared jackfruit, marinara sauce, grape seed oil and Italian seasoning in a nonstick sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Simmer 15 minutes until the mixture has thickened or cook to desired consistency. Stir frequently. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow to cool. Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
1. Bring a large pot of water to a full rolling boil. Gradually add the pasta to the boiling water. Stir and return to a full boil. Stir occasionally to prevent pasta from sticking. Cook pasta to preferred tenderness. Pasta should be firm to the bite when finished. Drain pasta immediately.
2. Rinse in cold water. Place in a colander. Allow to drain. Transfer to a storage container. Add a small amount of oil to prevent sticking. Mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover storage container, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
1. Place a small amount of water in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Add 10 oz. of spaghetti to the pan. Toss over medium-high heat until the water is absorbed and the spaghetti is just warmed through.
2. Place a small amount of water in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Add 8 oz. of jackfruit bolognese to the pan. Stir frequently. Cook until just warmed through.
3. Place the spaghetti in a warmed serving bowl. Spoon the jackfruit bolognese over the top of the spaghetti. Place 3-4 sprigs of parsley on top of the jackfruit bolognese.