1. Place the jackfruit in a fine mesh strainer. Allow to drain. Place the jackfruit in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Break down the large chunks so it resembles pulled pork before cooking.
2. Place 2 oz. of grape seed oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan large enough for the contents of the drained bag of jackfruit. As soon as the oil begins to smoke, add the jackfruit to the pan. Toss the pan frequently over medium-high heat until it is seared and caramelized. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 135°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
3. Place teriyaki sauce, Szechuan pepper sauce, water and grape seed oil in the pan with the jackfruit. Bring to a boil. Simmer 15-20 minutes until the mixture has thickened, cooking to your desired consistency. Stir frequently. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow to cool. Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F or below.
1. Place all ingredients in a stainless-steel mixing bowl and whisk together.
2. Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
CCP: Wash hands.
1. Place the water, rice, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix until sugar has dissolved.
2. Place the carrots in a nonreactive storage container. Pour the brine over the carrots.
3. Cover the storage container and refrigerate for 12 hours. Can be stored up to 2 days. Drain before use. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.
Note: Pickling brine may be used on most all cut vegetables, such as celery, cucumbers, radishes, cauliflower and onions.
Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well.
1. Place 4 oz. of the Szechuan Green Jackfruit in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Bring to a boil. Stir or toss pan continuously. Cook until it thickens enough for spreadable consistency (not sauce).
2. Brush the inside of the top and bottom half of the bun with 1 tsp. of grape seed oil. Place oiled-side down on a heated flat griddle. Cook until golden-brown. Brush the inside of the top and bottom half of the bun with 1 Tbsp. of Asian Rice Vinaigrette.
3. Spread 3/4 oz. of pickled carrots on bottom half of bun. Spread 4 oz. of the warmed jackfruit out on top of the carrots. Shingle 1 oz. of cucumbers on top of the jackfruit. Sprinkle 5-6 cilantro leaves and 1/2 oz. of red cabbage on top of the cucumbers. Spread 4-5 jalapeño slices on top of the red cabbage. Place on a warmed serving plate. Place the top on the sandwich.