At Gordon Food Service Store, we now offer a wide selection of the finest quality fresh meat, pork and poultry, ready for immediate use. We work closely with the best suppliers in the industry to ensure that the products we offer exceed our quality standards.
For wholesale operators
Choose Gordon Food Service Store for your business and you’ll quickly see the difference in quality! Our portions are center cut for a more consistent size and tender application. Need something you don’t see in our meat case? Our friendly and helpful staff can Express Order additional products from our distribution center at no extra cost to you – for pickup as quickly as the next day!
For retail shoppers
Gordon Food Service Store has larger quantities that can help you feed your family or stock up for special events! Because our portions aren’t packaged individually in small portions, you can save big when you buy big! Buy family favorites such as ground beef, pork tenderloin, and spare ribs, along with many others!
Learn the best ways to buy and store your fresh meat purchase.
- Last stop of the day:
- Make the refrigerated meat case your last stop to ensure that meat stays cold as long as possible until you get home.
- Look at the packaging:
- Choose packages that are cold, tightly and completely wrapped with no tears or punctures.
- Be sure the packages do not contain excessive liquid – this can be an indication of problems with temperature or storage.
- For vacuum-packaged beef, be sure that the seal has not been broken and that the package is not leaking.
- Watch the date:
- Remember to check the “sell by” date to make sure it hasn’t expired before you buy.
- For beef stored in the refrigerator, be sure to follow the “use by” information on package labels. If you can’t remember when a food item was placed there, throw it out.
- If fresh beef will not be used before the expiration date, place tightly wrapped beef in your freezer on the bottom shelf. You can freeze beef in its original transparent wrap up to two weeks. For longer storage, wrap in heavy-duty aluminum foil or place in plastic freezer bags. Remove as much air as possible.
- But before putting any meat in the freezer, label each package with the date, name of beef cut and weight or number of servings. This will help you follow the “first in, first out” rule: use the beef with the earliest date first.
- In the refrigerator, place raw or thawing meat in a container or on a dish that will prevent juices from dripping onto other foods.
Preparation and menu tips
Make your every meal tastier with these tips!
- Cook once, dine twice! Prepare products that can do double duty. For example, when you brown meat for tonight’s tacos, reserve some pre-seasoned for use in tomorrow’s shepherd’s pie!
- Handle with care: Handle ground beef as little as possible as you add seasonings and other ingredients.
- Prevent steam while cooking: Dry meat by patting with paper towel before cooking. Liquid sizzles in the pan creating steam that can prevent browning.
- Use marinades or rubs to add extra flavor: Marinades can also be used to certain meat products more tender. Marinate meats for no more than 24 hours.
- Basting and Sauces: If you’re going to use a portion of a marinade as a baste or a sauce, reserve a portion of it before you start cooking. Marinades that have been in contact with uncooked meat must be brought to a full rolling boil for at least one minute to kill bacteria.
- Don’t be afraid to turn down the heat: If you cook at too high a temperature, your product could be overcooked on the outside while still raw in the middle. Use medium heat with most dry-heat cooking methods, such as grilling and sautéing, and medium-high heat for stir-frying. Low heat is ideal for moist-heat cooking methods, like braising.
One Tenderloin, four meals!
Learn how to get four meals out of one buy.
Brought to you by National Cattlemen's Beef Association.
Grilled Steak and Fresh Mozzarella Flatbread
An easy and crowd-pleasing dish to feed your entire family! Download recipe.
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Our boneless, skinless chicken breasts will make any chicken recipe magical! Each case contains four, 10 lb. packages containing random sized chicken breasts in a 15% marinate solution.