Bringing Customers Quality Every Day, Every Time
Quality is our daily commitment to you. We have a dedicated team of highly-trained Quality Assurance specialists who are responsible for ensuring the quality and food safety of every product available through Gordon Food Service.
For both private and nationally branded products, our mission is to ensure that each product meets defined standards of food safety and product quality. We achieve this through industry-leading, repeatable processes that engage all aspects from farm/field to fork (including product creation, manufacturing, transportation, distribution, and end-user application).
These processes require a team approach and key staff members are properly trained and strategically placed to maintain these standards throughout the business. We also utilize key metrics by supplier and customer to evaluate our performance and seek measurable ways to implement continuous improvements for food safety, sanitation, and consistency.
Guidelines, Practices, and Procedures
Our Quality Assurance Team has developed comprehensive programs and a complete set of guidelines, practices, and procedures that cover all aspects of our business. To be complete, these food quality and safety processes must be maintained through supplier to our company to customer. Here is a brief overview of our programs:
- All new suppliers must pass our extensive qualification process
- Gordon Food Service branded suppliers must adhere to detailed product specifications
- All suppliers are required to have annual third-party quality, food safety, and sanitation audits
- Comprehensive customer incident process and supplier follow-through
Distribution Center Standards
- All of our distribution facilities must meet comprehensive food safety programs that meet or exceed the requirements of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), United States Department of Commerce, and our customers
- A trained Quality Inspector is in every distribution center every day to ensure incoming products comply with our expectations
- Semi-annual third party audits are conducted to verify our food safety, sanitation, and quality systems
- Comprehensive recall notification process
- Regularly scheduled product sampling and testing to ensure product compliance with standards
- Incident-handling process for timely and complete resolution
By choosing us as your food service distributor, you can be absolutely confident knowing that a team of dedicated, highly-trained quality professionals ensure you receive safe, consistent, and quality products every time.